Have you heard of ‘The Secret?’
You can either read the book, or watch the series on Netflix, and I highly recommend it!
I first heard of The Secret probably about a couple of years ago, a good friend told me about it and said it was the best book ever! I said to her I should probably read it but I never did.
It wasn’t until about a year ago I started seeing the people I follow on Youtube and Instagram started to mention the book, and that after they had read it and doing what it had said, they seemed to achieve their goals and achieve so much of what they had planned and wanted in their life. It was probably at this point when I thought to myself, I need this book.
As soon as I had the book in my hands, I began to read it. And I read it from front to back in a couple of weeks. (That’s good for me as I don’t normally read anything!!) I enjoyed reading it so much, and instantly felt motivated. The thing is with The Secret, I don’t think you will truly understand it until you’ve read it.
So after reading it, I straight away started putting it into action. So here is what I did after reading The Secret.
- I would repeat daily ‘I am going to receive a cheque in the post’ Now I really didn’t think this would work, and I knew it sounded really stupid. (Ryan would always laugh when I said it!) But I thought no, I am going to give it a go. Now, I am not lying when I say, just before Christmas a received a cheque in the post. It was one of those tax return letters with a cheque attached and at first I forgot that I had been telling myself I was going to receive a cheque in the post. When I remembered, I was shook. Did me saying it most days make it happen, had ‘The Secret’ worked?
- I also created a mood board at the start of 2019, and it has various things on there, like for me and Ryan to remain happy and healthy, reach goals for my YouTube channel, say Yes to more opportunities, and to book a holiday to Disneyworld in Florida. Now, again, at the end of September 2019, myself and Ryan ended up booking our holiday of a lifetime, a trip to Disneyworld, Florida! Again, it could be a fluke, pot luck, nothing to do with it. But was it?
- In March we received some bad news about a family member with an illness, and again I would start thinking they are going to be fine, get better…positive vibes. So here we are today, and they are much better. Not completely cured but they never will be. But I am super happy with how well they are doing now.
Other smaller things that I am doing/have done are things like, before I got to bed I will tell myself what I have been grateful for in the day, and what I am looking forward to the next day. I will also write down goals for the day/week and also the month. By writing down your hopes and goals and putting it out there in the universe, it is more likely to happen, so ‘The Secret’ says anyway…
So for 2020, I have a lot of goals that I want to reach, some more realistic than others. So I am going to keep on reading ‘The Secret’ over, and over, to keep me motivated, use my goals notebook so I can visualise my goals, and keep on being positive, not focusing on the negatives. Negatives brings you more negatives, and positives bring you positives. Saying bye to negative thoughts in 2020!
In all honesty, I don’t know if ‘The Secret’ actually works. Whether things happen just by timing and pot luck, or if what they say is true. But I know one thing, that a few things happened to me last year whilst practising ‘The Secret’, so I am going to keep on pushing and going for gold, I’ve got nothing to lose right?!
So if you’re still a little confused of what ‘The Secret’ is, you need to read the book or watch the programme to really understand, to understand and take in what it says. Then the rest is up to you.
So I am going to write a few things down below, to put them into the universe for some goals I have for 2020. Some might seem crazy, and some more realistic, but we’re going to do it, so here we go:
- I am going to reach 5000 subscribers on youtube by the end of 2020.
- I will receive a pay rise/promotion at work OR find a bit of extra freelance work.
- We will pay off our amazing holiday early.
- My blog will start to really pick up, and become more successful.
- To stick to being healthy and doing regular exercise.
- For my family to have a happy and healthy year!
Like I said before, who know if it truly works? But if you don’t try, you won’t know. I definitely believe that there is a law of attraction, and positivity will come your way if you truly believe. So keep on beleiving. You can make all your dreams come true, if you believe in yourself.
Have you read ‘The Secret’? What do you think of it?
Love always, G x